February 9, 2012

Presenting our DRESSING A COLONIAL LADY program for the Tasha Tudor Museum...and lavender flower cupcakes~


We will be presenting our DRESSING A COLONIAL LADY program for the Tasha Tudor Museum on Saturday, July 21, 2012, at 7:00 P.M.

The program will be at:  All Souls Church , Brattleboro VT ,  
 Tickets~ Adults $10.
Charter Members and TTS Members $5. 

Tickets will be sold in advance through the museum and on several other selected and vetted websites. 

Please contact the Tasha Tudor Museum for more information~ 


We have presented our program for historical societies, museums, schools, and clubs throughout New England, including Ipswich (Mass.) Historical Society, Berwick (Me.) Historical society, The Mayflower  Society, The American Independence Museum,  and dozens more. 


We hope to see you on a warm summer evening in Vermont for an informative and lighthearted peek into an 18thc. lady's boudoir~ 

We and our home have been featured in books, several national magazines, newspapers, etc., and have been recognized by the New Hampshire Humanities Council. 

Last night I made our favorite healthy homemade pizza for dinner. I use a yummy whole wheat dough. I spread it with pesto, and then just a little mozarella. Over this I lay lots of fresh tomato slices, and finally top the whole thing with low fat feta cheese and bake. YUM!
For dessert, and for Adam to take with his lunches this week, and because I am longing for spring, I made up my own recipe for lavender flower cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting! I had the dried lavender already. I would normally decorate the tops with a sugared, edible violet flower, but I didn't have any---I'll do that for an 18thc. tea this summer.

For dinner tonight I am trying something new, and making up the recipe. At the store, I found some goat cheese with cranberries and cinnamon! I am going to toast some slivered almonds and mix it with the cheese, and stuff boneless skinless chicken breasts with the mixture. I'll wrap them in plastic and chill them. I think I'll coat them in a bit of Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran Flour, then dip them in a mixture of eggs and a little of the flour, and then into some Bob's Ground Almond Flour. I can drizzle with a little olive oil mixed with a touch of melted butter and bake. I'll make brown rice with some dried cranberries and something else in it to serve too.


 

1 comment:

  1. You all look wonderful and do the most fun adventures. The cup cake sounds good too. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete