January 1, 2014

The Colonial Twelfth Night Ball~

...January 10th, 2014 at the historic Wayside Inn, Sudbury, Massachusetts~


"The Sudbury Companies of Militia and Minute

Cordially invites you and your guests to our

Twelfth Night Ball

at the Wayside Inn, Sudbury, Massachusetts

Friday, January 10, 2014
8:00-11:00 pm

Help us ring in the New Year at the historic Wayside Inn!
The Twelfth Night Ball is the perfect occasion.
Dress in your finest and contra-dance to the music of the Colonial Minstrels, called by Jacob Bloom.
Refreshments will be served."





Getting ready...


My faux fur muff with a bow I made for it to match my gown. I have it pinned on the inside. I change the bows to match my gowns~
 I used paints and water and hand dyed the ostrich feather to exactly match my gown several years ago.
COMING AFTER JAN. 11th, 2014~
A NEW GALLERY OF PHOTOS OF THE ANNUAL COLONIAL TWELFTH NIGHT BALL~ 
See it HERE on our website~
*(Our galleries are only up for a short time. We change them periodically to reflect our "17th/18th century life and adventures~)

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Mary, sending greetings from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting Mary...can't wait to see your photos. Happy New Year to you and Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply "love" your new hair piece, can't wait to see your attire. Lovely function, have a grand time and be sure in include us with all your great photos.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the photos.....have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother and I love history & genealogy, and were happily surprised to learn that the Wayside Inn (which we also love) once belonged to our ancestor Mr. Howe. We'd have loved to have attended the twelfth night party there. Love your courtship story btw!

    ~Paris

    ReplyDelete