April 17, 2014

Who doesn't love a cute dog?

A very early spring day. The sun is shining, but it's cold and everything is still...brown, ugh. Miraculously though, all the mountains of snow that half-covered our windows this winter are gone, and I have spied green shoots popping through the dirt here and there.
I have no car.
Among other things, our two yorkies have a "pet stroller"---Yeah, a pet stroller. It is quite marvelous, really.
I had to walk up the hill to the town hall and the post office on this early spring day. The yorkies go with us most places in a front-pack, on leash, or bike carrier.
This is just a little too far for tiny little legs to hoof it there and back, and when Adam is not here, I can't squeeze both of them into one front-pack.
Adam has always called our girls "the ambassadors of peace and goodwill" because of the smiling attention they draw from everyone, wherever we go.
This cold spring day was no exception, and people came out from behind the counter at both stops to pet and coo at them.
It's a tiny town. Everyone knows them and loves them.
They really do make everyone feel a little bit happier.
I had the camera with me and snapped a few photos while on our errand.
Is there anything more cheering than a pet that loves you?

Who doesn't love a cute dog?











 We love you, guys---You're the best~

A few photos of very early spring in the backyard~

 





7 comments:

  1. Okay, I have always had big dogs, but that has to seriously be one of the cutest things I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sweet girls! I bet it really felt good to get out after such a long very cold winter. For some reason I have the hardest time commenting because my reply constantly freezes up and I have to keep repeating the preview and edit buttons to continue. I couldn't find an email address anywhere to just send an email instead so my future commenting may be limited. It takes an incredibly long time to finish my comments. I also wanted to tell you how much I identify with you.

      Just know that I keep you and Adam in my heart and if you would like you can email me.

      Delete
  2. ....those girls are too cute!...sure made me smile..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray you are back!! The dogs are adorable and I hope you and Adam are well. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back!!! Your girls are precious. I have three yorkie types and we too have a doggie stroller. My two girls love to be pushed around like princesses but my boy wants to be down on the ground where the "sniffs" are.









    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am one of those "coo-ers". In fact my arm was licked to death by a lively mixed shepherd behind the counter of a shop today. Nothing is more happy than a welcoming dog. Or cat.
    Happy Spring! I would be most happy to ship our extremely hot weather we'll be having this week to you. We've had enough of that too.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary!!! Your little Yorkies are sooooo very... TOOOOOO CUUUUUTE!!!!
    Hee so so sweet and very loved and pampered! We just acquired a Corgi Pup and she is lifting our spirits so much!!
    After loosing two of our large elder dogs in the last year, it is refreshing to have a puppy making joy!!
    I was so glad to see over at my post, I am slowly coming back again after a bit of turmoil last year.
    Hoping all is well your way, sending hugs and blessings, Linnie

    ReplyDelete